La Nef celebrate its 25 years!
La Nef is a company dedicated to the creation and production of early and contemporary music. It hires musicians and artists in all disciplines according to the needs of its productions. It produces concerts and recitals of early and traditional music that are based on historical and literary themes… read more
- December 1st 2016, 8 pm, Bougie concert Hall, Come and I will sing you!
- February 10 to April 17 2017, Planétarium Rio Tinto Alcan, Mira, la petite étoile (Youth tale, in french)
- March 19 2017, 2 pm, Bougie concert Hall, Ulysse (Youth tale, in french)
- March 23 2017, 8 pm, Maison de la culture Maisonneuve, Chants des pays d’Oc
- April 19, 20, 21 2017, 8 pm Maison de la culture Maisonneuve, Crystal Tears
- Mai 11 2017, Aramusique, Sea Songs
- Mai 14 2017, 3 pm, Théâtre de la Ville, Ulysse (Youth tale, in french)
- Mai 27 2017, 4 pm and 7:30 pm, Chapelle Saint-Louis, Enfin la beauté
New La Nef CD’s
ÎLES CD is now for sale
A concert of songs based on the texts of the women Troubadours and musical interludes based on the only Trobairitz melody that survives. Seán Dagher’s original music supports these songs about love, adultery, and the state of affairs of the day, critiques of the governments and the church. The candour and freedom expressed by the Trobairitz seems even more daring because they were women. It is surprising to see the point to which the concerns of the women and men who lived 800 years ago resemble so much ours concerns today.
Inspired by Makura no sōshi(The Pillow Book) by Lady Sei Shōnagon (Japan, around the year 1000), this CD offers a real interaction between music and poetry. Composition and improvisation are brought together to create original music influenced by Japanese aesthetics. Through different approaches - electronic, electric and acoustic music and poetry alternate, intercalate and blend to create a unique sound.
To order write to email@example.com
To see more La Nef CD, visit Discography