THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2
October 2, 2014, 8 p.m.
Maison de la culture Maisonneuve
2014-2015 SEASON, reseve now!
ÎLES, touring in Montreal
- Wednesday October 8, 2014, 7:30 p.m., Église Notre-Dame des Sept-Douleurs, 4155, Wellington, Verdun
- Saturday October 25, 2014, 4 p.m., Salle de diffusion Parc-Extension, 421, Saint-Roch
- Wednesday October 29, 2014, 8 p.m., Maison de la culture du Plateau-Mont-Royal, 465, Mont-Royal East
- Thursday, October 30, 2014, 8 p.m., Maison de la culture Côte-des-Neiges, 5190, chemin Côte-des-Neiges
- Saturday, November 1, 2014, 8 p.m., Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville, 10300, Lajeunesse
DOWLAND IN DUBLIN touring in Canada
- Sunday, September 28, 2014 – Festival de musique ancienne de Sackville
- Friday, October 3, 2014 – Early Music Vancouver
- Saturday, October 4, 2014 – Early Music Society of the Islands, Victoria
- Sunday, October 5, 2014 – Artspring – Islands Arts Centre Society, Salt Spring
- Monday, October 6, 2014 – Early Music Voices, Calgary
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014 – Camerata Nova, Winnipeg
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 – Early Music Now, Milwaukee
November 26, 2014, 8 p.m.
Bourgie concert hall, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Apollo’s fire et La Nef
December 1 to 7, 2014, Cleveland, OH and New York, NY
New La Nef CD’s
A concert of songs based on the texts of the women Troubadours and musical interludes based on the only Trobairitz melody that survives. Seán Dagher’s original music supports these songs about love, adultery, and the state of affairs of the day, critiques of the governments and the church. The candour and freedom expressed by the Trobairitz seems even more daring because they were women. It is surprising to see the point to which the concerns of the women and men who lived 800 years ago resemble so much ours concerns today.
Inspired by Makura no sōshi(The Pillow Book) by Lady Sei Shōnagon (Japan, around the year 1000), this CD offers a real interaction between music and poetry. Composition and improvisation are brought together to create original music influenced by Japanese aesthetics. Through different approaches - electronic, electric and acoustic music and poetry alternate, intercalate and blend to create a unique sound.
To order write to email@example.com
To see more La Nef CD, visit Discography